Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, March 4, 2011

Realization

I will not deny it even if it might be a bit weird or lame but Daniel and I have the most amazing conversations and even communicate the best when fighting through text messages.

When we argue, texting gives us each the time to carefully choose our words, review them and a moment or to to think before hitting send. We can both say what we need to without seeing hurt or anger in our beloveds face. Both sides of an argument are expressed and can be reviewed several times during or after in order for each other to really take in what the other is expressing.

Just normal conversations works great through texting for us as well. We obviously text when we aren't around each other so receiving a text lets that person know they are being thought about. A lot of times Daniel and I just send a text that says Hey, the other replies and that's it. Conversations over text are nice to because if we are interrupted we can easily find the exact point where we left off. Especially with our loud, rambunctious, and awesome toddler around... getting interrupted happens A LOT.

Texting back and forth is also a great way to test the waters when wanting something and can sometimes stumble onto noticing something you didn't know was even there..... like Daniel did today..

He texts (BBM's) me with "there are rumblings about a poker game tomorrow night. thoughts? " I tell him I am completely fine with that but would like to have dinner with him first.. He replies with of course and then tells me that everyone wanted to play poker Wednesday night of this coming week but he told them he couldn't play because I have a very much anticipated GNO dinner at Olive Garden (I'm sure he didn't tell them all that). He then texts "I'm very happy for you to go to dinner with your friends" I reply "I am very happy too. And I'm happy you get to see your friends and for you being happy for me" I wont get into the next segment of our conversation cause I am unsure of who still reads my blog but we started discussing my happiness and just like that I began to realize that I am currently the happiest that I can remember. I was never unhappy per say but I don't think I was as happy and content as I am now. Besides some home decor and a few new clothes, my want list (materialistic, changes and any other) is almost non existent.

So I asked him if he could tell. And if he could, how?. He said he definitely could but just replied with "I just can" on how.

I then listed out what currently makes me as happy as I am now and this is what I wrote to him.

"I lost all my pregnancy weight (67 pounds!! plus 1 more), i love your (meaning Daniel's) new job, i have two best girlfriends of my very own, great relationships with other girlfriends of mine, i love our home, have an amazing mom, got a fabulous promotion and raise and am so happy in my career, have our debt and finances in great condition, and have the most incredible boys in the world"

Seeing it written down made me even happier.... so I thought I'd share.

No comments:

Post a Comment