Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Head, Shoulders, Knees and ......

Oliver now knows a lot of his body parts and it is too funny.. His favorite song is "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes" and we sing it often, often enough that sometimes I find myself singing it when he isn't even around. A few weeks ago, we noticed that Oliver kept smacking himself on the head.. of course our 1st conclusion was that he lost it but we were wrong. Oliver kept smacking his head when he wanted to sing the song.. :) So proud and sorry we doubted him.. So now he for sure knows where his head. eyes. mouth (also knows boca from Dora), hands, belly, toes and natural for any boy he knows where his pee pee is..
Speaking of pee pee, stay tuned for a good story. He is a little confused at times where his nose and ears are and we haven't really discussed the rest.. He knows the word butt (i know, we should have used bottom or booty but I figured after watching football or even a stressful baseball season, he is going to hear way worse words) So proud of our little guy... and I'm a little scared... He sure does love his pee pee and LOVES, i mean loves to be naked.. I can already envision the notes I'm going to be signing. haha
Like this little diddy... The other day, Oliver was naked... We were all in the living room and I was trying to coarse him back over near me so we can put his pj's and diaper on... He was running around giggling like a school girl.. He was looking out the window and that's when I faintly heard splatter and the goofiest giggle ever. Daniel and I raced around the chair to see what was going on and Oliver screamed and took off running in the funniest squealy giggle ever!! We continued to chase him cause it was the absolute funniest squeal and laughter... Too funny.. I then cleaned up the pee pee!
Another, clean up story... Haha.. i cant even type without laughing..... I was on the phone in our bedroom hooked up to the charger, talking to someone from work and I hear Daniel yelling "Kelly, help"... "Kelly (he never calls me Kelly).... i ignore him cause now that I have more responsibility at work, I need to take a phone call here and there (haha)... well then I see Daniel and Oliver at the door and Daniel is yelling and pointing at Oliver who I now notice has his diaper around his ankle while still fully dressed!!! Then Daniel is screaming, gagging and FREAKING out cause he actually stepped in some poop that has fallen out of Oliver's diaper that is around his fully dressed (with socks and shoes) ankle. I then get off the phone cause I am dying laughing and almost causing my own accident.. haha... to make the ordeal even worse, while cleaning all this up I threw my babies (Daniel and Oliver) into the shower and since they were both freaking out still, I had to jump in as well.. so while we were all in the shower.... Georgia (our dog) CLEANED up all the poop herself by eating it!!! So then she had to get a bath and teeth brushed (twice)..
All totally worth it cause I laughed so hard...Never a dull moment.. We did sit Grandma down and discuss how to diaper properly... she of course had an excuse about how it is hard to diaper someone in a public restroom without a changing table while they are dancing (and I'm sure pointing out their pee pee)....
she does have a point!

No comments:

Post a Comment