Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, March 10, 2011

1st day

It's a little out of order for someone to have their 1st day of work before their 1st day of school... but as today proved, it doesn't make it any easier.

I enrolled Oliver at a daycare that couldn't be more perfect for us. They allow drop in rates where you pay the registration fee and then you only pay the days they actually come. Oliver will usually only be going on Thursdays for now but since our schedules vary that can change as well. This school is even more perfect for us because I know the director and many of the teachers there including Oliver's. I used to be an assistant director at a daycare and worked with these ladies before. I worked for the director for many years, from when I was like 17 years old!!

The school is great.. Its privately owned and not franchised. The owners are on site and great people. The classrooms are stocked with plenty of toys and has such a cool layout. When we pulled in the parking lot this morning, Oliver could see the playground from his car seat and was pointing so excitedly. I am excited for him too. He will meet friends, learn to play with others and learn important baby knowledge.

So there we were in the parking lot and I as I chocked back tears and unbuckled him from his car seat, i debated just driving off and taking him to work with me... no one would ever have to know he was skipping school at age 1.... except of course my coworkers and boss... but i did the mature mom thing and brought him inside....

I manged to get through explaining Oliver to his teacher. I told her about the paci he likes to sleep with and how it would be comfort if (and at this point I was thinking when) he gets upset, i told her about his biting and boyish ways, i told her I thought he was relatively easy and happy, I would be back around 3 and would probably be all puffy cause I was having a hard time. She gave me her cell so i could text her, I took a few pics of Oliver, quickly kissed him on the head to say goodbye but didn't make a scene and I slipped out. As I was leaving and hoping for a wave and secretly hoping for a tear or two for my own selfish and wrong ego (i know).. I heard him shout "Ball" when he saw another boy had a ball and then the teacher gave him a ball and he was throwing it..

So then I left.... just like that... i just left... got in my car and CRIED my eyes out. I balled like crazy.. I didn't even want to call Daniel or my mom and let them know how it went... I just wanted to cry, well and take myself out to breakfast to soothe my broken heart.

So far, I called once and he was doing great.. he was playing with others, ate snack and drank juice... had picture day (another entry)... and even fell and bumped his head, which he didn't even cry! he actually didn't cry at all yet.... I also texted once and he was sleeping on his mat, his teacher patted his back and he went right to sleep. She said he was doing great!

So its currently 1:58... I have one more hour of torture til this whole 1st day thing is behind me... but poor Oliver only has one more hour to play with his precious new buddies at his big fancy school!

;)

Ill update the rest this evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment