Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Party in the Park

For my second 5k (I'm going to have to start doing 10k's soon) I did the C3 Party in the Park to benefit Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. I really enjoyed doing a charity one and will definitely continue to do charity ones here on out. It was a great time.. The weather was cooler and the path (along the Suwanee Greenway) was better. No killer hill this time. I also felt better this time, i think more in shape... It definitely showed because I improved my time by 3 mins! I KNOW I would have done even better if 1. I hadn't worked the day before for 14 hours on my feet in heels and 2. If my feet weren't hurting so bad. I think the combination of the 14 hour day and the fact that I hadn't worn my run tones in weeks and they generally take my feet some getting used to, hurt my time a bit. I bet I could have done 5 minutes faster. I kind of felt like there were times I could have run more or pushed harder. I did take off my shoes for about the last mile or mile and half and came across the finish line barefoot. lol... I didn't know whether to be proud or embarrassed about it. I signed up for my 3rd 5K and am very much looking forward to it. It is the Nights of Lights 1st annual run/walk at Lake Lanier benefiting Toys for Tots. Its an evening run and I am looking forward to seeing the Lights and seeing how Oliver likes seeing the lights!! CANT WAIT!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment