Last night some friends of ours got married. It was the first time in awhile where neither of us were a part of the wedding party and we were soo excited to just go to a wedding and enjoy a night out. The wedding was in Athens so we decided to get a hotel room and spend the night away.. this would be my first overnight stay away from Oliver, needless to say I had many mixed feelings about it.... The wedding was fun and Daniel and I took full advantage of the open bar and live band... we danced and drank and had a blast... After the wedding we all went out in Athens. I am usually against going out in college towns as I am quickly approaching 30 but "be that as it may" we were ready for a night out... We stopped by one bar and it was pretty low key and we wanted to go to the 8E's (80's) bar we went to in April after a wedding... Finally we went over there and danced and sang like crazy... We had such a blast.. We stayed there til all the bars were closing and then went to this one last stop that stayed open after hours for our group. Along the way, Daniel ran into one of his cart guys and we were not in any position to talk to anyone from work so I made Daniel move along. The pictures will tell the rest of the story but I will mention that we never did make it to that hotel... When we were still out at 4am and I had completely sobered up we were ready to head home... lol... we pulled into the driveway at 5am and couldnt have been happier with our decision and the McDonalds breakfast we picked up on the way!! I love nights where Daniel and I get to party together... We had a blast and its so bonding to just let loose together especially when we are now parents. Great night out in Athens!
We are late 20 something new parents figuring out our new life with a child while still holding onto our own childhood. This blog is a journey of our lives, a peak inside our minds and a fun place to document our memories.
No comments:
Post a Comment