So i have been a little intimidated to get back to blogging. Daniel is an amazing writer and I seem to be struggling with articulating for about the past year now... hmmm i wonder what has my mind so cloudy?? ;) But for the sake of memories here i am!
Of course i will do an Oliver update right of the bat... He is 5 months now... He is so awesome!! Even if i didn't have this articulation issue i wouldn't be able to describe him accurately. He is now....
- Eating baby food - We tried this on our 6 hour drive to the beach and he LOVED it! It is such a complete mess but it is alot of fun too. So far to date he has had... carrots, bananas, peas (he hates), and pears.
- Isn't breast feeding anymore - Oliver always preferred the bottle but now more than ever so April 27th was my last day. The process of stopping is very difficult on me but Oliver is a HAPPY HAPPY boy. It is hilarious how excited he gets when I'm making a bottle.
-His cry is changing - His voice is getting deeper.. so cute.
- Loves his feet - Oliver loves playing with his feet.. His toes are always in his mouth.. He can even untie his shoes if i don't knot them tight enough
- "talking" - Oliver is talking, yelling, cooing and shrieking all the time now. He hasn't done it as much when we are out but lately Ive been noticing him doing it more. he is pretty picky on what he laughs about so if he laughs at you take it as a compliment.
- Recognizing - He is definitely recognizing us, Georgia and his grandparents. We recently went away for a few days and Oliver was so funny when he was reunited with Georgia. He really really loves her!
I guess the biggest milestone we've hit this past month is that Oliver was left with babysitters... like not grandparents but hired teenage girls!! CRAZY.. it was so weird... we got a babysitter to come to our hotel in Myrtle Beach while we went out. I found this girl cause she babysits for a friend of mine but i was still so nervous... its funny cause the babysitters mom was just as nervous about us and her daughter babysitting in a hotel. lol... but it went great.. the babies were asleep (Madison was there too) when we left and the babysitter let me text her all night. Really the weirdest part was me being the responsible adult walking the babysitter to her car and handing her the cash instead of it being handed to me. Soo Funny!!! 2 nights later we had another sitter in Charleston... just as weird but went well.... I'm very glad to be back at home and have free sitters!! :)
Anyways... Daniel and I are doing great... We celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary and 7th anniversary of being together a few weeks ago.. We didn't do much for it but we had very nice QT time and danced to our wedding song.. it was very sweet! Daniel has been working alot since we are back from our little trip but that was to be expected. I am very excited for what looks ahead at his work and i know he is too. Its about to be busy season at my work and i couldn't be happier. I love the summers here. We finally completed our move and are still trying to get settled. I'm sure we will eventually get there but as far as when still seems distant. Hopefully we will be settled enough to have a housewarming party soon!!
OK so I'm going to go but I'm REALLY REALLY going to try to post more! We'll see. ha!
Saturday, May 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love your writing and hope you'll come back whenever you want.....no pressure because I check in as often as I can!!!
ReplyDelete