I started out with 2 baking sweet potatoes... next time i will do a whole lot more. 2 didnt go very far. I followed the microwave directions but when doing more i think i will cook them in the oven. After they are cooked (you dont need the extra large knife) peel the skin off and cut them up.
Then blend on the puree setting. This was the most difficult part because I had to keep shaking up the blender. I now realize adding water at this point would help.
(i believe that is apples pictured above, not sweet potatoes)
Having a patient and happy baby to keep you company is VITAL... We had a ton of fun "cooking" and watching momma being silly!
WA-LA!!!!
I left the consistency a little chunkier (not sure thats the word im looking for) but adding water would have made it more runny. You can also add water when you heat it up to serve. After you have your puree pour it into ice cube trays and freeze. After it is frozen transfer it to a freezer bag, then pull out a few, microwave for 45 seconds, add water (optional) and serve. I also had some of the small tupperware (i think for saving dressings) that i use to pack it to go.
Finished product.... A messy face but HAPPY baby.
(smile not shown!)

hahahaha i love how you have pics of ollie as part of the process!! love it! lol
ReplyDeleteway to go super mommy! I told u that making your own baby food was easy. It does make u feel so good knowing that you are making it for your baby.
ReplyDeleteSo precious and I am so proud of you for attempting/doing this.....of course I am just here for the pics of sweet Oliver....he is the most delicious part of this post!!! Heehee!!!
ReplyDelete