Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, June 9, 2011

"On Set"

Yesterday was a sensational day. There I was all caught up in my career when a phone call changed the day. Stacey is Oliver's agent so to speak and had informed me about a possible movie gig for a toddler. I thought about it for a few seconds, complied with entering Oliver and went on about my day. Then a few hours later my phone rang in my office, which is weird since I generally don't have cell service in there and I didn't recognize the number but I answered anyways. The man on the other end asked for Kelly Smith and then informed me that he got Oliver's pictures and would like for me to come down to Decatur to sign a minor work permit application at 7pm. I agreed and then asked him what this was for.....

He told me that Oliver was chosen to be a paid extra on the set of the movie American Reunion. It is part of the American Pie movie series and shooting for the scenes Oliver will take place in will be on Monday and Tuesday afternoon / evening (yay.. we still get to leave for vacation on Wednesday!). The man warned me that there will be foul language and some nudity (not full body) and although Oliver will not be in the scene with that he needed to let me know. I didn't think that would be a problem. ;)

Well after I heard the news I literally ran back into my office fell to my knees and then started jumping up and down. A little dramatic I am sure but seriously I was so excited! That pretty much ended my work day right there. I called Daniel, who giggled like a school girl with the news and then my mom who was a bit louder with her reaction. I then told all my staff the reason for why I was cutting out early, packed up my stuff and left. Haha... I mean I couldn't have been productive after that.

Luckily a very good friend of mine was at work with me. so i grabbed her and we headed out for a drink.. this definitely called for a celebration. And I needed some direction to where Decatur was even at (now I know that I already knew where Decatur was the whole time). We went down there grabbed some pizza and a beer and then finally found the set, which was at Druid Hills high School and a neighboring church. We saw extras all over the place and of course photographed some of them just in case we need to refer back to them once the movie comes out. (a little star struck, you think.... I don't know how I'm going to keep my cool next week). After passing through the most unprofessional and rude security guard we found a spot to park, and headed in side to meet the person who called me.

We were inside a cafeteria for all of about 5 minutes. I filled out the paperwork and the man told me the process of calling him Friday and what he would be doing. On the paperwork I was filling out, it told me that Oliver will be in a beach scene. The man told me he would be processing Oliver's work permit first thing in the am and it would take a few days to get back so it will be perfect timing for Mondays shoot.

That's really all I know now. He told me a few times what the job paid but honestly I can barely remember. It obviously isn't about the money. I think this is such a fun endeavor and a great pick up line for Oliver to use later in life on the ladies (yuck!).

I'm such a person that believes in signs, destiny and all things like that. It was never my intention to have a child model and or actor and the modeling thing was such a fun experience so maybe this will be as well. If its not and its a nightmare, at least it is still a story. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment