Oh Abram John... you are going to be a little handful for Momma aren't you? Since we have come back from the beach when I was 30 weeks pregnant.. (omg its only been 3 weeks... time is moving soo SLOWLY!!) things have been interesting surrounding you.
On that Tuesday I went for my appointment at the Braselton appointment and Dr. Harrison thought my belly had grown too much in the 2 week span. I was measuring 4-6 weeks ahead where as the appointment before I was measuring only 2 weeks ahead which had been consistent. I went to the Gainesville office where they did an ultrasound and saw that there was too much fluid and Abram was measuring large as well. At this point my fluid level was in the 33cm, it is supposed to be between 5 and 25. Abe was 4lbs 6 oz.. He was supposed to be just at 3lbs. They set me up on weekly ultrasound appointments and kind of left things at that and told me he would probably be here early.
The next week the fluid jumped from 33 to 44 and I knew it had... I could feel it stretching and ripping since my last appointment.. Clothes were way tighter and I was really uncomfortable... And now scared to death cause it should never be jumping that high. They said it was probably nothing but it could be an issue with a blockage in Abe's throat or belly. They couldnt see any issues though. I left there convincing myself and my mom that everything was fine.. I just knew it.. but deep down in my heart all I wanted to do was cry cause I was scared... You see with Oliver I followed every rule.. I ate everything I was supposed to do and stayed away from everything that they thought could be harmful.. this time I have still been good but I ate some deli meat, I drank some caffeine and I even sipped the first sip from Daniels beer whenever I opened one for him. What if I harmed my baby?? The hardest part of this was I wanted to sit on google and research and get lost in my fears but I have Oliver with me so I have to act like everything is fine. It was so hard but now I see Oliver was with me to keep me from going further to places I didn't need to.
This week was the hardest.. I saw the doctor on Tuesday and went back again on Friday and they were sending me to a specialist on Monday. They started me on NST tests each time I come to the doctor which I was a little familiar with cause I had one the day before Oliver was born. The doctors told me I have appromimately 6 liters of fluid in my belly and to pack a bag cause I was basically liable to pop at any time. I also washed and gathered all our beach towels just in case. The NST tests showed Abram was doing well inside me so that was good. He was just playing in the pool inside me!! It took forever for it to be Friday but I went to the doctor alone and the NST was good and the ultrasound tech was amazing and snuck some 3d pictures for me. I had read that clef lip and birth defects cause alot of fluid... and guess what? ABE LOOKED perfect... my heart immediately calmed.. and this time I knew that we were part of the 65% that have high fluid for no reason.. And I also got another pleasant surprise.... I had seen that baby face before.... Abram seriously looks 100% like Oliver in utero! :)
I calmed down for the weekend and was very calm in seeing the specialist that Monday... Although still extremely uncomfortable and at this point... 32 weeks I was downright in pain!! The specialist did an hour long, very invasive ultrasound regimen and we got to see Abe from all angles, colors, everything... and we also got to see that 3d picture of his precious face.. Daniel wasn't at Fridays appointment and even though I showed him the picture I bet he was glad to see it at the specialist with me. The specialist said he didn't see one thing that he thought was an issue so I was good to go back to my regular doctor!! Also my fluid had dropped back down in the 30's. :)
I read on google that your fluid peaks at 34 weeks and since he has been measuring ahead I think I just progressed faster than normal.. and maybe that's what caused so much fluid... also this time, I didn't swell up like I did last time, so maybe my body just produces alot of water and this time it stayed in my belly. I really have no idea, but at this point I am ok with that. I still need to be careful since I still have Polydraminos and I go for weekly or bi weekly check ups but things this serious have settled some.. now onto my other pregnancy issues! ;)
Thursday, August 8, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment