Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I lalayest you!!

Never could i ever imagine how amazing those three words would sound.... I always knew "I love you" would be utterly amazing coming from Oliver but "I Lalayest you" could possibly be even more amazing that I ever began to imagine.

Yesterday was all in all a pretty great day. I have been feeling kind of weird lately, not happy, not sad, tired and just unfocused which is soo frustrating for me. I am generally the type of person that gets stuff done quickly and moves on and gets something else done but lately i haven't been able to get anything done and my mind has been bouncing all over the place from one thought or idea to the next. Yesterday was the first day in a while where I completed some tasks, not back to my unusual productivity but well on the way.

It was a great day at home with my boys, windows were open, I cleaned out Oliver's closet and updated it with 24 month and 2T items.... and of course the Darius Rucker song came on during which i shed a few tears to balled like a baby during.. lol. We went grocery shopping, cooked a fabulous dinner together, and then I went over to my best friends house.

When we came home Oliver insisted on cheese the whole ride home and after eating his cheese and taking off his clothes.. haha... I was getting him ready for bed and said I Love you like I normally do an infinite number of times a day.. (exaggerating, slightly).... and he said it back... I stood there in shock.. no one was home and my heart almost felt like it hurt cause it was so happy. After I composed myself I did what every mother has been doing for ages when that happens and status updated! (haha) and then repeatedly said it over and over to get the response again while videotaping.

Oliver is so smart... at Laura's house he got in trouble for a temper tantrum that only got worse in the car on the way home... He knew I wasn't happy and he was trying to stall going to bed.... so he pulled out the big guns with this "I lalayest you" stuff that he knew would buy him time and get him out of trouble... Clever Oliver, very clever.... It worked like a charm too.

After video taping, it was definitely time for bed (season finale of Teen Mom was coming on) so I layed him down and he said "Dada Home.. Dada Home" (Dada was out at his softball game)... I asked Oliver if he wanted to call Dada and he said "I lalayest you daddy" so I dialed right up and we left a message on his voicemail.. We then called Am-ma and Gigi and Pop Pop and then Aunt Kiki. Then he went right to sleep.

Daniel called after his game and sounded like he was all chocked up. He said... Did the voicemail say I love you daddy.... I almost cried myself telling him yes.... Daniel is such a sweet and caring dad. And on a side note he is Oliver's partner in crime... At the grocery store yesterday Oliver was staring at a lady walking by and looked up at Daniel and said "Butt Butt"... Daniel said "Are you checking out her butt?" Oliver had the hugest grin on his face and shook his head yes.

Boys!! Just don't forget Oliver.... You Lalayest me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment