Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Happy Birthday Dada!!

How did this happen? In just a few hours Daniel is turning 29.. The last year of his twenties!! If this is flying by this fast, I know I will never get a hold on Oliver growing so fast.

I met Daniel, for real when he had just turned 21 and I was 20. We had both went to the same highschool, he worked at the pharmacy that my family used and we had even run into each other at a persons house probably this same month 8 years ago.

(I dont think i have ever posted our story so if you already know it, this blog entry isnt for you.... if this is future Oliver and siblings, sorry kids but your going to have to listen to it again... and probably have to look through a scrapbook or two)

But we really met when Daniels friend Nick medeled and approached my dad about Daniel.. My dad was extremely friendly with everyone Nick and Daniel and they always chatted. I dont remember (and dont feel like getting up to check) how they got on the subject but Nick told my dad that Daniel had been interested in me. My dad already loved Daniel so he brought me home Daniels phone number and told me to call him.... Seriously!! I already thought Daniel was the hottest guy, i had always made sure I wore the cutest outfits when picking up prescriptions and when I got a horrible stomach bug I insisted my mom let me fill the prescription at a totally different pharmacy. But now, it seems Daniel was thinking the same thoughts!! He has told me stories that he would make perverted comments when I would come in with my cute outfits (tight white jeans) on and even more perverted ones when I would pick up my birth control... (sorry kids)


Well i took the number.. thought long and hard of what to do and immediately drove up to Eckerd to discuss this with Nick.. To be honest, i was making sure it all checked out. So when it did, i did the "cool" thing and waited a few days and made the call.



We talked on the phone a few days in a row, we hung out in a group one night and scheduled our first date for that Saturday. Our first date was honestly just ok... I mean, we both love it now but looking back... it wasn't one of those swept away magical evenings... We went to dinner at a Japanese steakhouse where Daniel talked to everyone at the table and apparently says I didn't talk at all... which I'm sure sometimes now he misses dates like that.... and i thought he ate weird... i cant describe it... after dinner we didn't have anything really planned. We drove up to a little race car place to watch amateur race car drivers compete but it was ending when we got there.... then we went to Starship.. yes the ADULT store.. I guess we passed it and it was new in our town and I hadn't been so we went... haha... we were going to go back to his house but when we got there, he decided he didn't want to be there anymore cause there were too many people there (he lived in a bachelor pad at his childhood home with friends)..... Ive always wondered who was actually there that night, he will never tell me the truth I'm sure. lol.... so we went and rented The Ring and went to my house and watched it... Daniel will never let me live down the fact that I feel asleep during the movie.. Haha.

The next few months were a whirlwind.. We went on our next date pretty much the next weekend and then date after date continued to follow. We took a little trip to Chattanooga at the beginning of June and became official boyfriend and girlfriend. In October, I was pretty much living with Daniel and in December we said I love you for the first time. The second year was as magical as the first (minus the normal hiccups in relationships) and we decided to move to Myrtle Beach for 16 months while Daniel went to school. We moved July 15, 2005 and were on our very own. This was the first time we had lived absolutely alone (back home Daniels friends lived with us) and we didn't even know a soul in Myrtle Beach. It was amazing, growing and bonding in that sort of way. We eventually made friends that are now just like a second family to us. Myrtle Beach really set the tone for our current relationship. i am not doing a good job of explaining what is that I'm thinking but it was just the perfect building block for our now marriage. We moved back to Georgia in December of '06 and moved in the bonus room at Daniels parents. We started in our current fields and reconnected with our old friends. In August of 2007 on a vacation to Myrtle Beach, Daniel proposed and I accepted (OF COURSE!!!). We got married on April 19th, 2008... 5 years to the day from that very first date I described above. We found out we were pregnant on April Fools Day in 2009... that brings us to the start of this blog. I'm sure ill do an entry or two more about our dating life/engagement stories but I am diverting from the title of this blog.

Happy Birthday Dada.. I (and Oliver, and Georgia) LOVE you more and more as our journey together continues. You were absolutely meant for me and complete me better that I can even complete myself. You are the bestest friend I have ever had and you absolutely mean the world to me. I stride every day to be a good wife to you and show you only about 1% of what I feel for you.

I could go on but I'm sure my readers are nauseous by now.. you get the point!

No comments:

Post a Comment