Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Twitter, Facebook... no Blog it.

I am totally into social networking and media! It is right up my alley. I used to be addicted to gossip magazines! But social networking is much cheaper and its about people I actually know. SO, the other night I had a moment worthy of a status update or a tweet (yes, I'm beginning to dabble in twitter.. I'm still hanging on to my celebrity obsession) but it just seemed to wordy for the 140 character limit they demand.... So blogger, thank you for no limits on my thoughts.

My dad's most prized possession was always a mode of transportation. Wheter it was his always sparkling clean Harley or his decked out Expedition, they were his pride and joy. When he passed away, we sold his current car, the Expedition to an acquittance of my parents. They lived about 10 miles away (north, where i don't go as often as i go south) and weren't out gallivanting in the same areas as I normally tread so I never ran into them and the car often. I can remember clear as day the two times I did in the past 3 years and each time the sight was similar to what taking a bullet might endure!

And now the third encounter....

The other night we were just hanging out at home and all in the living room when there was a knock at the door. I went over to answer, a little freaked out because we don't ever have unexpected visitors. It was a lady i did not recognize and after some strange situations our neighbor had with a woman knocking at her door i was definitely freaked out. Turns out it was a friend of my mom and she was dropping off some toys for my mom to donate to the church. She had one large box with her that i took in and she was going to grab another. I told her Daniel would be able to help but when i turned around to send him out he was tangled in a mess of barking dog and crying baby so i went out to help. I no sooner got down the four steps of our stoop (yes I'm from NY), i saw it.

Sitting in my driveway just as I had seen it so many times. Times when my dad and I would have our weekly dinner dates, times when we went grocery shopping, happy times, times when he was ill and just wanted to drive it between the driveways, sad times, scared times....and now it is being used by these sweet people to bring toys to my mom for a church donation..... AND I lost it... I barely remember what I said but I know i mumbled daddy, gasped for air and pulled my hands up to cover my wide open mouth... there was that bullet right in my gut again! There I, an almost 28 year old woman stood crying, hugging this stranger yet not a stranger at all.

This moment I will never forget.

I got the second box, composed myself to thank them and tell them how much i appreciate them taking good care of that car and I walked away. At this point Daniel is coming outside completely freaked out because some woman comes to the door with a box and I leave with her and now am walking back to the house with a look of horror and tears practically flooding the driveway. We get to the door and I try to tell him what happened between sobs but all i can say is look at the driveway.. i wanted to look to but couldn't bear to watch it drive away... Poor Daniel is now yelling in confusion and fear and all I can muster up is look at the driveway.

He will never understand how I felt that night and he did exactly what I have trying to tell him for 7+ years to do when I'm upset.

So we just stood in the foyer... and he held me, so tightly! And I knew he wasn't the only one with his arms around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment